should we expect an apology from someone?*
Madrid sent out an official announcement today in which they clarified that they WERE NOT the ones who denounced Sergio Busquets for racist insults against Marcelo, and the video they included was submitted as part of their appeal against UEFA’s decision not to act on their complaints against Barcelona’s unsportsmanlike conduct. It was UEFA, acting on their own initiative, that opened the case.
Based on information published by various media sources concerning the disciplinary proceedings opened by UEFA against Sergio Busquets, Real Madrid C. F. wishes to express the following:
1. F. C. Barcelona made an unprecedented decision to lodge a complaint with UEFA against Real Madrid C. F. coach, Jose Mourinho.
2. The decision made by F. C. Barcelona forced Real Madrid C. F. to present its defense before UEFA to try to prove unsportsmanlike conduct by several F. C. Barcelona players, stemming from a designed strategy to provoke the referee into making certain calls against Real Madrid C. F., as was the case. This situation is what motivated the statements made by our coach, Jose Mourinho following the match.
3. Real Madrid C. F. would like to make clear that its complaint did not include the incident concerning Sergio Busquets. This complaint by Real Madrid C. F. was rejected by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body despite videographic material presented with the case.
4. As a consequence, Real Madrid C. F. presented an appeal with further material evidence including images of Sergio Busquets insulting our player, Marcelo. This material was included because the incident involving Sergio Busquets is a continuation of the simulation following a knock, the latter being the reason the complaint was originally lodged.
5. UEFA has taken further measures and decided on its own accord to start disciplinary proceedings against Sergio Busquets.
6. Our player Marcelo has been summoned by UEFA to confirm the incident for which the disciplinary proceedings were opened.
Real Madrid C. F. regrets the situation caused by what goes back to the original complaint lodged by F. C. Barcelona against our coach Jose Mourinho and the behavior of Sergio Busquets.
* and from Barcelona fans who accused Madrid of taking so long to file the complaint, starting a witch hunt, trying to taint Barcelona’s image, creating bogus cases, being classless, etc.