Jordi Codina does Don Balón’s Q&A
Since many of you expressed an interest in it, here’s Jordi’s Q&A with Don Balón! If you don’t have time to read the whole thing, the takeaway is that his best friend in football is Miguel Torres.
1. Marital status?
2. What were you studying?
– I studied until the BUP [to the age of 16-17].
3. Do footballers make too much money?
– Some do.
4. Should provincial national teams play official games?
– ¡Uffff! I don’t know.
5. What would you like to do when you’re no longer playing football?
– I would like to dedicate myself to another sport… padel or golf.
6. What is your favorite singer or group?
– I have many favorites.
7. What is your favorite song?
– I also have many favorites.
8. Who are you favorite actor and actress?
– Jennifer Aniston and Jim Carrey.
9. What movie have you watched the most number of times?
– I’ve watched Gladiator many times.
10. What is the best book you’ve read in your life?
– Valentino Rossi’s autobiography.
11. Of all the poems that you’ve read, which did you like the best?
– I don’t usually read poetry.
12. Of all the paintings you’ve see, which made the biggest impression on you?
– I don’t understand paintings.
13. Your best friend in the world of football?
– Miguel Torres [yes!!!!]
14. What is your favorite TV show?
– I like Buenafuente.
15. What is your favorite food?
16. A city.
– Madrid or Barcelona.
17. Your idea of a perfect night?
– To go out to eat, and then have some drinks with friends.
18. What place would you like to visit?
– Kuala Lumpur.
19. Your most recent car?
– An Audi A5.
20. What is your dream car?
– A Bugatti Veyron.
21. Is it easier for footballers to hook up with girls?
– I think so.
22. Who is the sexiest woman, after your own?
– Jennifer Aniston.
23. Is love necessary for you in sex?
24. Do you all play better on the field after having sex?
– I don’t know, I don’t usually do it before playing.
25. Would you forgive a onetime act of infidelity?
26. What do you think about the death penalty?
– I personally don’t agree with it, but each one is allowed to do what they want in their own country.
27. How do you kill time in the concentraciones?
– I talk with Miguel Torres or Parejo, or I watch TV.
28. What do you think about gay marriage?
– Each one is free to do whatever he or she wants.
29. In what areas has your footballing improved in the last few years?
– In confidence and security.
30. What did you learn from your parents?
– Everything, they taught me everything.
31. What is your latest splurge?
– Some clothing.
32. What does a footballer do during the afternoons?
– I take a nap, then I go pick up my daughter in school and I play with her.
33. When was the last time you got drunk?
– ¡Uffff! I don’t usually drink a lot.
34. What’s the most recent crazy thing that you did?
– As far as I know, nothing.
35. Finish this sentence: It drives me crazy when…
– I’m in a bad mood.
36. What do you always have in your refrigerator?
– Coca Cola.
37. Should all immigrants be legalized?
– I’m not qualified to answer this.
38. Who were your heroes?
– I liked goalkeepers… but my idol has always been Valentino Rossi.
39. Tell me a historic moment of your club.
– When it played in its first Copa del Rey final.
40. Which country do you support, apart from Spain, in a World Cup?
41. The Christmas gift you were most excited about.
– My first ball and my first goalkeeper gloves.
42. What other sports have you played or play?
– Padel, golf and tennis.
43. Your favorite historical person?
44. What footballer did your father constantly talk about?
– Zubizarreta. And I talked to him about Buyo.
45. Do you have any manias before stepping on the field?
– A lot.
46. Where do you usually go for vacations?
– I usually go to Ibiza every year.
47. What question from journalists do you hate the most?
– If this teammate or this one is happy on the team.
48. Your favorite clothing brand?
49. What was the last time you used public transportation?
– I don’t know… a while ago!
50. If you were the president, what would be the first thing you would do upon arriving at the Moncloa?
– Have a look at how everything is.
And five bonus questions.
One. A dream: to keep playing football for many years, until I make the national team.
Two. A person that you miss: the family I have in Barcelona. I would like to have them closer to me.
Three. Your lucky number: 13.
Four. If you were on a deserted island, you’d bring… my wife and my daughter.
Five. If you weren’t a footballer, you’d be… I would be in the logistics company I was working in before.